All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1. The Data Protection Officer / GDPR Representative is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to the official black cab company collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2. All Employees/Staff of The Official Black Cab Company who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy Notice
3.1. About Us
All data captured is held by The Official Black Cab Company, Moses Group House, Monks Way, Golders Green, London, NW11 0AF. Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: 0207 254 3849
The personal data we would like to process is
|Your name, email address, job title, company name||Our newsletter subscription web-form or direct contact with us via email, social media (including LinkedIn) telephone or personal meeting|
|Driver contact information, address, license information, insurance details, work preferences, working and driving history, vehicle details and history, passenger ratings.||Telephone or email response to The Official Black Cab Company Information from The Official Black Cab Driver App, payment terminal, vehicle telematics system, in person meetings at the The Official Black Cab Company office.|
|Customer contact details, advertising history, taxi booking history, Invoice history||Personal, email and telephone contact with customers|
|Passenger details – contact information, address information for journeys requested. Journeys history, passenger ratings from drivers.||Taxi booking system.|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
· Providing you with periodic The Official Black Cab Company Newsletters offers and information regarding our services.
· Providing you with information on our services and services of our affiliates, clients and partners
· Contacting you regarding our services and services of our affiliates, clients and partners
· Communicating with you as you access our services or those of our affiliates and authorized contractors
· Providing taxi rental service to taxi drivers.
· Managing our taxi ride service.
· Promoting advertising opportunities.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
· Our legitimate business interests
· To enable contractual obligations to be met between The Official Black Cab Company and its clients
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
· Keeping clients and interested parties informed on services, news and matters of interest relating to our services
No special categories of personal data are captured.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for The Official Black Cab Company to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
The Official Black Cab Company will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
3.4. Retention period
The Official Black Cab Company will process personal data and will store the personal data until such time as you ask to stop receiving information and updates from The Official Black Cab Company, or for 10 years, whichever expires first. You may ask us to stop processing your data and sending you information at any time, simply email
3.5. Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
· Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
· Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
· Right to a restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
· Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
· Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
· Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
· Right to judicial review: in the event that The Official Black Cab Company refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by The Official Black Cab Company or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and The Official Black Cab Company,s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner. You may contact The Official Black Cab Company directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
3.7. Privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
4. How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, email@example.com, will collect and use your personal data for providing you with information relating to our services and associated matters.
Why does The Official Black Cab Company need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for additional marketing purposes not directly part of the services we provide to you, firstname.lastname@example.org would contact you for additional consent.
Will The Official Black Cab Company share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to The Official Black Cab Company in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with The Official Black Cab Company procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will The Official Black Cab Company use the personal data it collects about me?
The Official Black Cab Company will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. email@example.com is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will The Official Black Cab Company contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure. We may send you periodic newsletters and updates, direct from The Official Black Cab Company, but not unsolicited materials from third parties.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
firstname.lastname@example.org at your request can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If The Official Black Cab Company does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
· Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
· Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
· The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
· If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of The Official Black Cab Company or a third party, information about those interests.
· The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
· Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
· If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
· How long the data will be stored.
· Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
· Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
· How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
· Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
· The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
· Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
The Official Black Cab Company accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), etc.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Representative:
For the contact details of the Official Black Cab Company GDPR Representative/DPO or for more information please contact email@example.com